gizcai

Are you a techie in Bangalore? Avoid Autos!

The last few days I have been working to the limits of my physical capabilities, some of such days end up with me driving back on deserted and haunting stretches (I live next to a graveyard!) of road at 1-3am and my Manager would ask "Why?"

Well for the simple reason I do not trust cabs and definitely not Auto-rickshaws!

Yeah, I am a guy and can handle myself but the audaciousness with which the Autos literally loot you, when they know you are a techie (By your laptop bags, fancy mobiles etc) is simply chilling and lets you wonder if at all any shred of humanity is left at all in these people.

Here is one such shocking and shameful experience happened to an ex-collegaue from at work!

"I wanna share a terrible incident that happened this morning on the way to office. 

Bad day unfolds! 

I boarded an auto near my home at a prominent place, which is just in front of a hospital. A few steps ahead, a bike was parked in such a way that it was blocking the way just beside the footpath. Auto was close to the footpath at the left. A truck was there beside the auto. Thus, the auto was blocked from moving ahead. I got an idea in my mind at this moment!

I informed the driver that I would get down from the auto, pull the bike aside so that we could take an immediate left turn which was just a few steps ahead. If we had to go straight then there was a stop signal. I usually don't put on the bag while seated inside an auto. I got down from the auto, and while the bike was being pulled, something unexpected happened! 

The auto just sped away in a flash before I could even comprehend what's happening! I ran behind the auto, but it went straight and took a left turn as the signal also got cleared at that time to my utter dismay. I was helpless as I couldn't even get a chance to look at the registration number. Luckily, I hadn't kept any valuable items in my bag. It just had my lunch box, water bottle, headset, spectacles case, pens, unused pocket notebook, etc.

Lessons learnt

Some thoughts lure us to make a fool out of ourselves: 
Why did I wanna clear the way by getting down the auto, at the first place? Why did this thought come to my mind? What would I lose if I'm late to office by 15 min? I really don't have the answers for these questions. 

At times our mind lures us to make bad decisions and suffer as a result:
What if I had a laptop in my bag? Could I have done the same act of getting down the auto to make way ahead? When you've a bag make sure you put it on, because you never know what could happen!

Why am I sharing this story?

I care for each and every human being and want to urge those who travel by auto to be extra cautious, especially those who carry their laptops along with them. If such thefts happen in broad daylight, then what about at nights? — feeling angry!"

Well this may seem like a minor incident to many but if such is the audacity in broad daylight right in middle of the city one can imagine the horror at 1 am!!

Perhaps we need an autowale.in in Bangalore and soon too!!


What do you think guys?

Related

Tech 5391274421935513925

Post a Comment Disqus Comments

Follow Us

Comments

GizChai Powered

Trending

Recent

Trending

item