gizcai

A crack worth 18000INR (330.46USD)- A cautionary tale to today's smartphone crazy world!

A smartphone is a need of the hour today. People literally go haywire when their phone goes missing or does not work. We are ready to spend...

A smartphone is a need of the hour today. People literally go haywire when their phone goes missing or does not work. We are ready to spend a large part of our salaries today without batting an eyelid when it comes to smartphones (ironically we are happy haggling over a few rupees with a roadside fruit vendor or neighborhood kirana store)

But what happens when we spend our hard earned money on a phone and then it goes kaput within a day or two. Worse still you get stuck in insensitive customer care executives who look at you like the next golden hen to loot? Here is a real life experience by such a affected person.

Here is the story in his own words
A crack worth 30000INR?


"DO NOT BUY SONY XPERIA Z: TRUTH BEHIND THE MARKETING GIMMICK
I will be honest with you guys. I really liked the product when I saw the ads on TV and was awestruck by its beauty and features, namely – waterproof, scratch proof, shatter proof, dust proof. But behind this, there is a huge price you need to pay in case you have, let’s say, crappy luck. Last week, 10 days after receiving my pre-ordered Xperia Z, I dropped the phone while walking up the stairs and got a cracked screen (Photo attached). It looked bad and I took it well as I thought it won’t cost me more than Rs.8,000-9,000 which is what my friend had spent on a HTC Butterfly screen. Initially, after visiting the Sony Service centre, they said the cost would come up to Rs.15,000-18,000 which itself was unacceptable to me as I thought paying half the price of the phone for a cracked screen was ridiculous. However, they said they would get back to me with the final pricing within 2 days.
6 days later, I took an off from work to visit them again and I was told, that the screen CANNOT be replaced and I have to buy a new one again. K But they told me not to worry as they are ready to give a 20% discount on the original price and with all excitement they said that the final price would be “just” Rs.32,000/- . So basically I have to spend Rs.70,000 on a phone within weeks of purchase for a cracked screen. This did not make sense to me. At least, this was not what I expected from Sony. When a new product is released in the market, the first question you should ask is how do we take care of the servicing of the product. Let’s keep aside the pathetic customer support they have in place here in Bangalore and also their non-responsive twitter handle @SonyXperiaIndia , but trust me, its not worth taking the 'risk'."

By the time we had this in our blog purview this post was almost viral with almost 400 likes and 700 shares!! 
Bad news spreads fast!
We ask Sony one simple request- Deliver what you promise, If you cant don't promise, for small things like this can bring down your brand image almost overnight!

As for all our readers and tech junkies out there- Research and investigate before you buy. A product may promise the moon to you but may eventually land you in hot water.

Related

True Reviews 5327420763289512885

Post a Comment Disqus Comments

Follow Us

Comments

GizChai Powered

Trending

Recent

Trending

item